This report looks at charitable giving by Canadians over time using several measures:
- The total value of Charitable giving by Individuals and the total number of Individual Donors on a yearly basis between 2016 and 2019.
- The aggregate analysis is presented as a percentage of the population, of Gross Domestic Production, of Gross National Income, and of reported Taxable Income of donors.
- The above analysis is broken down by Gender.
- The analysis is also presented for different age groups.
- The analysis is presented for different levels of Taxable Income of Individuals.
- An analysis of Individual charitable giving by Province and Territory.
- An analysis of Business Entity giving is presented between 2016 and 2019.
- Business Entity giving as a percentage of Business Taxable Income.
- A comparison of Individual charitable giving with Business charitable giving for 2019.