This publication is the result of a year long- studio in the Master of Architecture program at the University of Toronto’s John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture where it formed a pivotal component of the first-year program. A cultural experiment in design, the studio examined indigenous thought and cosmology as related to the Ho:dinosoni / Mohawks of the Grand River and their ways of knowing the land and built form
About the Authors:
Adrian Phiffer is a Assistant Professor in the teaching stream, University of Toronto. Originally from Romania, he received his Bachelor of Architecture degree from the University of Architecture and Urbanism “Ion Mincu” in Bucharest, later earning a Master of Urban Design degree from the University of Toronto.
James K. Bird is a guest lecture and PhD student at the John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture at the University of Toronto where he was recently awarded the degree of Master of Architecture. His work examines the intersection of language and built form, using the Denesuline linguistics to help decipher shapes in Architecture.
Oscar Riera Ojeda Publishers is pleased to be selected by the authors Adrian Phiffer and James
Bird as the publisher of the upcoming title “Ho:dinosoni Gyao he eh Tsa’ dewahse:no Geh/
Haudenosaunee Center of Excellence”, We are committed to working the authors’ team in the
various editorial graphic design, production, printing and distribution stages of the publication. Our
objective is to provide the authors with all the necessary resources and support to guarantee the
completion of a well-crafted book with a comprehensive and successful international distribution.
The book project is fundraising to meet the following production and publication schedule:
– Delivery from Author 75% of Interior spreads and cover design: September 1st, 2022
– Delivery from Author the finished full text and graphic design: November15th, 2022
– Delivery from Publisher of book pdf with copy edit mark-up: November 22nd, 2022
– Approval from the Author of final book pdf prior to start of pre-press: November 30th, 2022
– Color corrections due from Publisher to Author: December 6th, 2022
– Printing completion: January 6th, 2023
– Advance copies send to Author: January 30th, 2023
– Delivery of 100 copies of the book to authors: February 10th,2023
-Delivery of bulk production to our distributors’ warehouse across the world: February 25th, 2023
– Publication date: March 2nd, 2023
– Book available in bookstores worldwide: March 15th, 2023