How has Canadian’s charitable giving changed over time? Are we to remain optimistic about our embedded culture of giving? Are there opportunities for the Charitable Sector going forward to make a bigger impact in our community?
This report looks at charitable giving by Canadians over time using several measures:
- * The total value of Charitable giving by Individuals and the total number of Individual Donors on a yearly basis between 2016 and 2019.
- * The aggregate analysis is presented as a percentage of the population, of Gross Domestic Production, of Gross National Income, and of reported Taxable Income of donors.
- * The above analysis is broken down by Gender.
- * The analysis is also presented for different age groups.
- * The analysis is presented for different levels of Taxable Income of Individuals.
- * An analysis of Individual charitable giving by Province and Territory.
- * An analysis of Business Entity giving is presented between 2016 and 2019.
- * Business Entity giving as a percentage of Business Taxable Income.
- * A comparison of Individual charitable giving with Business charitable giving for 2019.
Review the Executive Summary of the Report and order your copy HERE.
March 2023 Research Report on The State of Charitable Giving in Canada is Now Available