For Giving Tuesday 2023, the We Support LGBTQ Ukraine Fund is raising monies for six non-governmental organizations in Ukraine that are serving the immediate needs of queer people – particularly those who have remained in the country. Your donation will be matched for double the impact!
The We Support LGBTQ Ukraine Fund is currently focused on Ukrainian NGOs on the ground. By virtue of being in direct contact with their community members, these organizations are particularly capable of agile and timely responses to individual crises.
Our Giving Tuesday 2023 Campaign looks to raise $5,000 to continue our active support. An anonymous donor will match your donation to double the impact of your giving!
These NGOs and their activists are:
- Establishing and sustaining LGBTQ+ safe shelters in numerous Ukrainian cities;
- Assisting with the essential needs of LGBTQ+ people including food, hygienic products and medications such as anti-retroviral therapies for those living with HIV and hormone replacement therapies for trans individuals;
- Coordinating the safe relocation and rehousing of internally displaced LGBTQ+ Ukrainians;
- Providing assistance to/advocating for trans and non-binary individuals navigating Ukraine’s martial law;
- Providing legal support, psychological support and counselling.
For more information about the fund, please contact its administrator Andrew Kushnir at email@example.com